pe 19. elok.|
Vargas Print Studio
Using aluminium plates you will be shown how to express images through different mark making techniques such as monotype! You will develop your image through different stages on this one-day taster course, and come out with a handful of prints!
Time & Location
19. elok. 2022 klo 16.00 – 20.00
Vargas Print Studio, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, Finland
About the event
Duration of the workshop: 4h
Price: 90€ p/course/day/person, including materials but not printing paper.
Capacity: max 5.
Address: Ouluntie 3
Registration until 16.8.
rita.vargas(a)gmail.com / phone: 0452215100 / Rita Vargas
Registration and payment are made to Vargas Print Studio FI2415443000117239. Message: Monotype workshop and name. We need information for billing purposes. 50% of the workshop fee is made in advance and in case of cancelling, it is not returned.
About the course:
In this workshop, participants will learn the principles of monoprinting, its instruments and methods. Participants will learn different ways of plate inking, drawing and print the image on paper under professional guidelines, tools and equipment.
Participants will have access to professional tools, colours and equipment for further independent practice.
Professional printmakers and artists can use the time to explore the technique at its most and are able to produce editions on paper during the workshop time, with or without professional guidance.
Monotype workshop is tailored according to the participant’s level of knowledge in printmaking.
Tea and coffee breaks will be provided. You can bring food and snacks, there is a microwave and a fridge. There will be a break from 17:30 - 18:00.
Before the course please bring:
- Found images, this can be anything from magazine cuttings, newspaper images, illustrations, hand drawn images, photographs and even found object such as fabrics or textured materials (this will need to be an object with a flat surface).
- You can purchase more papers at the studio if you wish, there is a price list.
- Please wear suitable clothing as you will be working with oil- based inks. Aprons and all materials are provided.
- Wear sturdy and appropriate shoes: e.g., trainers, closed leather shoes or work boots – NOT open-toed sandals.
- Please arrive promptly for courses, as time is limited.
We look forward to seeing you! 😊