ma 30. toukok.|
Learn how to apply two different methods of chine-collé technique using coloured Japanese paper on your plates!
Time & Location
30. toukok. klo 15.00 – 20.00 UTC+3
Helsinki, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, Finland
About The Event
These classes are social, relaxed sessions aimed at all abilities.
Language: Finnish & English.
Duration of the workshop: 5h
Price: 79€ p/course/person, including Japanese paper with exception to printing paper.
Capacity: max 3.
Adress: Ouluntie 3
Registration until 27.5.
rita.vargas(a)gmail.com / phone: 0452215100 / Rita Vargas
Registration until 27.5. and payment is made to Vargas Print Studio FI2415443000117239. Message: Chine colle workshop and name. We need information for billing purposes. 50% of the workshop fee is made in advance and in case of cancelling, it is not returned.
About the course:
Teaching hours 15−20h
Welcome to the chine-collé workshop! Using copper plates, the participants will have the opportunity to prepare and work the plate with drypoint techniques, to ink, learn how to apply two different methods for using coloured Japanese paper and produce a small edition on paper under professional guidelines, tools, and equipment. Participants will have access to professional tools and colours. Professional printmakers and artists can use the time to explore the technique at its most and are able to produce editions on paper during the workshop time, with or without professional guidance. This workshop is tailored according to the participant’s level of knowledge in printmaking. Preference will be given by order of registering.
Tea and coffee breaks will be provided. You can bring food and snacks, there is a microwave and a fridge. There will be a break from 17:30 - 18:00.
Before the course please bring:
- You can purchase papers and copper plates at the studio if you wish, there is a price list.
- Please wear suitable clothing as you will be working with light sensitive materials. Aprons and all materials are provided.
- Wear sturdy and appropriate shoes: e.g., trainers, closed leather shoes or work boots – NOT open-toed sandals.
- Please arrive promptly for courses, as time is limited. It is essential to attend each day of the course.
We look forward to seeing you!