* COVID-19 *
Studio is open again for clients who wish to print or learn new skills.
We provide sterilizing gel and use masks during workshops.
You can also bring your own gel and your own mask.
Do not come if you feel ill or sick.
Studio is open on appointment. Please call 0452215100.
- Fri, Nov 20Ouluntie 3Nov 20, 2020, 5:00 PM – Nov 21, 2020, 8:30 PMOuluntie 3, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandThrough this method you can print your photographs or your drawings with high quality results. UV light is used to transfer the image onto the plate and its development will be done with water. You will be able to match your plate with your original photograph and to print it on the etching press!
- Helsinki Design Week 2020Thu, Sep 03Ouluntie 3Sep 03, 2020, 10:00 AM – Sep 05, 2020, 5:00 PMOuluntie 3, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandInspired by Finnish nature with a pinch of Portuguese soul, Vargas brings to your home simplicity and passion. Exclusive and limited edition artworks created with traditional methods of printing can only be found at Vargas Print Studio, the heart of fine arts on paper. Welcome!
- Tue, Mar 03Ouluntie 3Mar 03, 2020, 5:00 PM – May 12, 2020, 8:00 PMOuluntie 3, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandUsing aluminium plates you will be shown how to express images through different markmaking techniques. Drypoint has a singular quality, giving strong and raw lines. You will develop your image through different stages on this one-day taster course, and come out with a handful of prints.
- Mon, Mar 02Ouluntie 3Mar 02, 2020, 5:00 PM – May 11, 2020, 8:00 PMOuluntie 3, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandThis course will teach you how to transfer an image onto a piece of lino, along with cutting and printing techniques. Using oil-based inks, you will then produce a small edition of one colour lino cut cards, perfect for sending out to friends and family.
- Fri, Feb 21Ouluntie 3Feb 21, 2020, 5:00 PM – May 03, 2020, 4:00 PMOuluntie 3, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandLearn the processes involved in translating drawings and photographs into a screen print. This workshop is perfect for anyone with an interest in screen printing, either beginners or those who want to build upon any existing skills. All materials and equipment provided.
- Sat, Nov 23Location is TBDNov 23, 2019, 11:00 AM – Dec 22, 2019, 6:00 PMLocation is TBDHi! Next Vargas Print Studio Pop-up Shop is on! ⚡️ Here you can find the next dates & places where you can purchase hand printed original silkscreen, relief and intaglio prints for Christmas & Family art collection! There will also be ceramics and new art objects - Stay tuned! 💛
- Sat, Nov 09Kulttuuritehdas KorjaamoNov 09, 2019, 11:00 AM – Nov 10, 2019, 5:00 PMKulttuuritehdas Korjaamo, Töölönkatu 51 A–B, 00250 Helsinki, FinlandHello! Only few days left to Korjaamo Design Market where you can find me at table n.10! I will be filled with original handpulled silkscreenprints, edited and signed by the artist, limited edition bags and some surprises! Welcome!
- Sat, Oct 12Ouluntie 3Oct 12, 2019, 11:00 AM – Oct 31, 2019, 4:00 PMOuluntie 3, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandVargas Print Studio offers flash workshops in October for those who are new to printmaking as well as professional development for more experienced printmakers and artists! Get your place because it is limited to 2 people p/ workshop!
- Tue, Sep 24Kaapelitehdas
Helsinki Design Week
The event was part of Helsinki Design Week’s programme. Founded in 2005, Helsinki Design Week is the largest design festival in the Nordic countries. Held annually in September, the multidisciplinary festival presents design from a number of fields including fashion, architecture and urban culture. The festival dates are 5–15 September 2019. Helsinki Design Week is produced by the design service agency Luovi Productions Ltd.
Finally after almost a year of negotiations, changes, construction, repairs, recycling, planning, reflections, calculations and risks, VARGAS PRINT STUDIO officially opens its doors to the public. Everything is ready in order to start another dream, another step in a new city with new people and new beginnings. Many steps still lay ahead, but little by little everything will start to get shape...with your support, your smile.
This is one of the prints made at Vargas print Studio during July (2019) by the first guest artist Tiitus Petäjäniemi (b. 1983).
Petäjäniemi's simple and sensitive artworks related with Finnish culture, humour, introversion feelings towards mundane situations associated with isolated winter activities, will be exhibited next winter at Mikkeli Art Museum. In Petäjäniemi's words,
“I made couple different ideas, right now my favourite of them are series called ice fishers, its 20 prints of black and white characters doing ice fishing.”
Tiitus Petäjäniemi is a fine artist working with painting, photography and printmaking. Petäjäniemi finished his Master in Fine Arts in 2016 by the Arts University in Helsinki.