Art Fair Suomi
We are happy to announce that Vargas Print Studio is part of the
Art Fair Suomi Goes Galleries Festival this year!
Instead of one common venue, this year the festival AFS21 will highlight selected galleries and art communities that belong and enrich Helsinki metropolitan area, thus responding to the cultural thirst caused by corona pandemics in a safe and audience friendly way.
For a week, visitors can immerse themselves in art experiences, meet the artists, discuss personally their processes, visit galleries, purchase artwork and see interventions produced specifically for the festival!
Admissions are all free!
Vargas Print Studio is part of the selected artist-led project spaces and it will offer, besides open studio where visitors can purchase artwork directly from the artist,
two silkscreen workshops!
For more detailed information about the festival, please visit the link http://artfairsuomi.fi
The joint opening of the festival will be celebrated on Tuesday, June 8, 2021.
- ma 21. kesäk.Vargas Print Studio21. kesäk. klo 17.00 – 27. kesäk. klo 16.00Vargas Print Studio, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandLearn the processes involved in translating drawings and photographs into a screen print. This workshop is perfect for anyone with an interest in screen printing, either beginners or those who want to build upon any existing skills. All materials and equipment provided.
- ti 22. kesäk.Vargas Print Studio22. kesäk. klo 17.00 – 20.00Vargas Print Studio, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandUsing aluminium plates you will be shown how to express images through different mark making techniques. Drypoint has a singular quality, giving strong and raw lines. You will develop your image through different stages on this one-day taster course, and come out with a handful of prints.
- ke 23. kesäk.Vargas Print Studio
- to 24. kesäk.Vargas Print Studio24. kesäk. klo 17.00 – 22. heinäk. klo 20.00Vargas Print Studio, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandUsing copper plates you will be shown how to express images through different techniques. Copper etching is the most sensitive way to express line work, from the most sensitive touch to the strongest gesture!
- la 26. kesäk.Vargas Print Studio26. kesäk. klo 17.00 – 20.00Vargas Print Studio, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandUsing aluminium plates you will be shown how to express images through different mark making techniques such as monotypia! You will develop your image through different stages on this one-day taster course, and come out with a handful of prints!
- ma 09. elok.Vargas Print Studio09. elok. klo 17.00 – 14. elok. klo 20.00Vargas Print Studio, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandThis introductory course will teach you how to use environmentally friendly polymer method as a variation of intaglio method. Photopolymer combines digital media, industrial flexographic photosensitive photopolymer plates with traditional etching and inking methods.
Vargas Print Studio is now an official Pop member of People of Print!
To read new article click here!
People of Print begun as a website in 2008, originally created by Marcroy Smith. As a directory of illustrators, designers and printers both creatively and commercially, its purpose is educating and inspiring. In 2013 it has been established as LTD, joining a team of art directors, project managers, graphic designers, illustrators and printmakers based in London office and across the globe.
People of Print is composed by an unique creative community who enjoy working with brands, companies and educational institutions to execute fresh and impressive campaigns, create media partnerships and put on events.
Vargas Print Studio is grateful for being part of it! We shall inspire!
Guest Artist 2021
Egle has been working at the studio with her recent project "Performative Habitats". In Egle's artwork, there is a sensitivity connected with the origins of life. Questionning its beginnings, Egle dives deep into the initial shapes of a plant, a seed, a colour, a scent. In a trans-disciplinary research, Egle brings alive visions in ways never seen before at the studio. For that we are grateful to be part of her unique force of Nature, born out of an natural expressive artist, performer, researcher, curious and beautiful mind. As mentioned by the latest articles published in Zagreb GMK Gallery, Egle's body of work is focused "on plant seeds seen as elements asserting their way through the relations inter-species and vital balances regulating the biosphere."
Egle Oddo has completed a MA in Painting from the Fine Arts Academy of Palermo, Italy. Since 2005 the artist lives and works in Finland. Egle is a board member of Myymälä Gallery.
* COVID-19 *
Studio is open again for clients who wish to print or learn new skills.
We provide sterilizing gel and use masks during workshops.
You can also bring your own gel and your own mask.
Do not come if you feel ill or sick.
Studio is open on appointment. Please call 0452215100.
- pe 20. marrask.Ouluntie 320. marrask. 2020 klo 17.00 – 21. marrask. 2020 klo 20.30Ouluntie 3, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandThrough this method you can print your photographs or your drawings with high quality results. UV light is used to transfer the image onto the plate and its development will be done with water. You will be able to match your plate with your original photograph and to print it on the etching press!
- Helsinki Design Week 2020to 03. syysk.Ouluntie 303. syysk. 2020 klo 10.00 – 05. syysk. 2020 klo 17.00Ouluntie 3, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandInspired by Finnish nature with a pinch of Portuguese soul, Vargas brings to your home simplicity and passion. Exclusive and limited edition artworks created with traditional methods of printing can only be found at Vargas Print Studio, the heart of fine arts on paper. Welcome!
- ke 12. elok.Ouluntie 3
- ti 03. maalisk.Ouluntie 303. maalisk. 2020 klo 17.00 – 12. toukok. 2020 klo 20.00Ouluntie 3, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandUsing aluminium plates you will be shown how to express images through different markmaking techniques. Drypoint has a singular quality, giving strong and raw lines. You will develop your image through different stages on this one-day taster course, and come out with a handful of prints.
- ma 02. maalisk.Ouluntie 302. maalisk. 2020 klo 17.00 – 11. toukok. 2020 klo 20.00Ouluntie 3, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandThis course will teach you how to transfer an image onto a piece of lino, along with cutting and printing techniques. Using oil-based inks, you will then produce a small edition of one colour lino cut cards, perfect for sending out to friends and family.
- pe 21. helmik.Ouluntie 321. helmik. 2020 klo 17.00 – 03. toukok. 2020 klo 16.00Ouluntie 3, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandLearn the processes involved in translating drawings and photographs into a screen print. This workshop is perfect for anyone with an interest in screen printing, either beginners or those who want to build upon any existing skills. All materials and equipment provided.
- la 23. marrask.Location is TBD23. marrask. 2019 klo 11.00 – 22. jouluk. 2019 klo 18.00Location is TBDHi! Next Vargas Print Studio Pop-up Shop is on! ⚡️ Here you can find the next dates & places where you can purchase hand printed original silkscreen, relief and intaglio prints for Christmas & Family art collection! There will also be ceramics and new art objects - Stay tuned! 💛
- la 09. marrask.Kulttuuritehdas Korjaamo09. marrask. 2019 klo 11.00 – 10. marrask. 2019 klo 17.00Kulttuuritehdas Korjaamo, Töölönkatu 51 A–B, 00250 Helsinki, FinlandHello! Only few days left to Korjaamo Design Market where you can find me at table n.10! I will be filled with original handpulled silkscreenprints, edited and signed by the artist, limited edition bags and some surprises! Welcome!
- la 12. lokak.Ouluntie 312. lokak. 2019 klo 11.00 – 31. lokak. 2019 klo 16.00Ouluntie 3, Ouluntie 3, 00550 Helsinki, FinlandVargas Print Studio offers flash workshops in October for those who are new to printmaking as well as professional development for more experienced printmakers and artists! Get your place because it is limited to 2 people p/ workshop!
- ti 24. syysk.Kaapelitehdas
Helsinki Design Week
The event was part of Helsinki Design Week’s programme. Founded in 2005, Helsinki Design Week is the largest design festival in the Nordic countries. Held annually in September, the multidisciplinary festival presents design from a number of fields including fashion, architecture and urban culture. The festival dates are 5–15 September 2019. Helsinki Design Week is produced by the design service agency Luovi Productions Ltd.
Finally after almost a year of negotiations, changes, construction, repairs, recycling, planning, reflections, calculations and risks, VARGAS PRINT STUDIO officially opens its doors to the public. Everything is ready in order to start another dream, another step in a new city with new people and new beginnings. Many steps still lay ahead, but little by little everything will start to get shape...with your support, your smile.
Guest artist 2019
This is one of the prints made at Vargas print Studio during July (2019) by the first guest artist Tiitus Petäjäniemi (b. 1983).
Petäjäniemi's simple and sensitive artworks related with Finnish culture, humour, introversion feelings towards mundane situations associated with isolated winter activities, will be exhibited next winter at Mikkeli Art Museum. In Petäjäniemi's words,
“I made couple different ideas, right now my favourite of them are series called ice fishers, its 20 prints of black and white characters doing ice fishing.”
Tiitus Petäjäniemi is a fine artist working with painting, photography and printmaking. Petäjäniemi finished his Master in Fine Arts in 2016 by the Arts University in Helsinki.